Hawaii FoundHer Information Session
Thursday, June 24 @ 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm HST| Free
Join us on Thursday, 6/24 at 12:00 PM to learn more about the Hawaii FoundHer program! We will give an overview of the program, application, and selection process. Our program manager Darien Siguenza will explain what we are looking for in an application and answer any questions you may have. There will also be an opportunity to network with fellow attendees. One lucky attendee will receive a case of Shaka Tea, sponsored by Hawaii FoundHer’s co-founder Bella Hughes!
- We are looking for founders in: Tech, Fashion, Health & Wellness, Food Systems & Restaurants, and Keiki & Education
- Tailored to the needs of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, and/or Asian women and mothers
- FoundHer provides funding, child & elder care, workspace and mentorship
- Must be Hawaiʻi-based, for-profit, a proof of concept-stage business where at least 50% of the founding team are female
- The program launches in September of 2021 and is accepting applications until July 1st. Apply at www.foundher.org.
“Women and especially women of color are historically over-mentored and underfunded. The barriers to entry to build a new business with a clear path to profitability are increasingly more challenging and very few accelerators and incubators are designed to empower women entrepreneurs holistically. We are thrilled to offer a new program focused on Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander women-led businesses that combines tailored mentorship with non-dilutive, early-stage capital to grow their business, coupled with support for those in caretaking roles, whether they have children or take care of their kūpuna.”
– Bella Hughes, Co-founder of Hawaiʻi FoundHer