Kauai Writers Conference
Monday, November 8 - Sunday, November 14
The Kauai Writers Conference attracts major authors of both literary and popular fiction, memoir, non-fiction and screenplay.
Now in its fifth year, the festival consists of:
- FOUR DAYS OF MASTER CLASSES with top authors and industry experts on topics including plot, character development, memoir, historical fiction, nonfiction, bringing life to your novel, and adapting your work to film and TV.
- TALKS BY BELOVED AUTHORS Paula McLain, Christina Baker Kline, Greg Iles, Lisa Wingate, Geraldine Brooks and many others. These discussions can take off in unexpected directions, but always focus on guidance for aspiring writers.
- INTIMATE SMALL GROUP DISCUSSIONS with these and other authors on all aspects of the craft and the business of writing.
- INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS WITH LITERARY AGENTS in which attendees can pitch their manuscripts and receive focused critiques.
- INDIVIDUAL CONSULTATIONS with leading experts on both traditional and alternative publishing.
- A contingent of top literary agents come each year to the Kauai event in search of new talent. Attendees include both aspiring and already published writers. Celebrated authors come to relax, rekindle friendships with their peers, and share inspiration and insight. Bring this mix to the otherworldly beauty of Kauai and magic happens.
Writers find breakthrough inspiration and knowledge. Lifelong friendships form. Books are born. Deals get made. And the Hawaiian spirit of aloha spirit infuses the entire event, opening hearts to intimate communication between faculty and attendees.