Technology, Conflicts, and the Future of HR
Wednesday, January 29 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am HST
A TechForce Hawaii event, brought to you by SHRM Hawaii and the Hawai`i Institute for Public Affairs (HIPA)
We work in a digital world, where technology evolves at ever increasing speed and challenges our human resources. How do we build a culture of innovation and help our organization remain agile amid disruption?
Join us for a thought-provoking presentation by labor & employment attorney Anna Elento-Sneed on:
- Technology and Its Impact on the Workplace
– Automation: machines, robots and AI, oh my!
– Computerization: growth (efficiency, productivity) and control (access, accountability)
– Digitization: harnessing an information-based economy
- Employment Conflicts in a Digital World
– Global vs. local
– Here today, merged tomorrow: growth, consolidation, reorganization
– Multi-generational workforces
– Gig economy vs. traditional
– Privacy vs. constant communication
– The shifting legal landscape
- The Future of HR
– Needed: business acumen; tech familiarity; human intelligence; commitment to learning
– Wanted: ability to analyze data, strategize, manage projects, communicate, and create community
This seminar expands upon issues raised at the inaugural TechForce Hawaii Conference & Expo, held September 2019, which brought together thought leaders in business, technology and education to discuss tech workforce development transformation. SHRM Hawaii welcomes the opportunity to move the conversation forward with HR professionals from throughout the state.
About our speaker:
Anna Elento-Sneed is the President and Founder of ES&A, Inc., a next generation law firm that is rethinking the way legal work is done. Anna has been advising employers and organizations for more than 36 years on labor & employment law, government contracts and business strategy. She serves on the Board of Directors of the Employment Law Alliance, a global network of labor and employment attorneys.
Is this seminar eligible for Professional Development Credits?
Yes, this seminar is eligible for SHRM Professional Develoment Credits (PDC).
What are my parking options for the event?
Validated parking is available at Irwin Park in front of Aloha Tower Marketplace or the lot at Piers 5/6.
Will breakfast be served?
Each ticket includes a light breakfast.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?